Vineland Growers’ Co-operative, Limited continues the Tradition of Family Farming with the announcement of the tenth annual $1,000 post-secondary scholarship.
WHO CAN APPLY?
In order to apply, applicants must meet the following three criteria. Applicants must be:
- an Ontario resident; and
- furthering his or her education at a Canadian post secondary institution of his or her choice, or seeking acceptance at a Canadian post secondary college or university as a first, second, third or fourth year student; and
- a child or grandchild of a member in good standing with the Co-operative, and/or a child or grandchild of an employee of Vineland Growers’ Co-operative, Limited.
THE APPLICATION PROCEDURE
In order to be considered for this scholarship, applicants must submit the following items in one package:
- A Vineland Growers’ Co-operative, Limited Scholarship Application Form. (Below)
- A brief essay, outlining:
- the program of study being pursued (or going to be pursued);
- why the applicant chose to attend post-secondary school X over all others;
- where the applicant hopes his or her post-secondary studies will lead him or her;
- a need for financial assistance.
- One letter of recommendation or reference letter from a teacher, principal, coach, etc. Letters of recommendation or reference from immediate family members or relatives are not acceptable.
- Please include your email address with your submission.
A committee, selected by the Board will review each application package The final date for submission will be April 10, 2023. A committee, selected by the Board will review each application package submitted. The selection process will be completed by April 14, 2023, with the winning applicant will be notified by email. Presentation of the scholarship will be held on Wednesday, April 19, 2023, at Vineland Growers’ Annual General Meeting. The recipient is asked to attend the meeting in order to receive the award. Monies will be released once proof of enrollment and SIN number have been obtained.
WHERE DO I SEND MY APPLICATION
Applications must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, mailed or delivered to the following address no later than April 10, 2023:
Vineland Growers’ Co-operative, Limited
2505 Fourth Ave, Jordan Station, Ontario L0R 1S0
Attention: Secretary Treasurer
For applications contact Shannon Beaudoin at VGC 905 562-4133 ext 124 or email email@example.com.